APPLE iMac 8.1 freeze problem solution
This is example for those who have a 24″ 8,1 iMac with ATI 2600 Pro with OS X Lion (10.7.3) installed
Below you can find freeze problem solution for iMac 2008
BEWARE: you do it on your own risk!!!
- MAKE A BACKUP! – use TimeMachine or just copy your files to external drive
- Download and open the 10.6.2 kext files
Kext Helper b7.zip (from cheetha.net)Kext Helper b7.zip from my host.
- Go to: Apple Menu -> About This Mac -> More Info… -> Graphics/Display
- and find your graphics card’s model. (In my case the ATI RadeonHD2600)
- Take ONLY the files titled ATIFramebuffer.kext, ATISupport.kext, and ATI2600Controller.kext *(IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT GENERATION OF CARD THEN SELECT THE FILE WITH YOUR CARD’S NUMBER)* and put them on your desktop. TIP: if you dont know what file is your’s graphic card driver just select all files and drop it to the Kext Helper
- Open Kext Helper and drag the three files into the top drop spot.
- Enter your password in the text entry field.
- Click „EASY INSTALL”